Last revised: 16 August 2017
This Privacy Notice describes our practices regarding the Personal Information we collect through your use of the ADS Hub website, 'https://mag.admife.com' (the “ADS Hub”) and all content, products, services and functionality available at or through the ADS Hub and the various services purchased from the Participants through the ADS Hub (collectively, the “Services”).
This Privacy Notice explains:
- The type of Personal Information we collect and how we collect it;
- How we use your Personal Information;
- The parties that we disclose the Personal Information to; and
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your Personal Information.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
By using the Services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice and you have expressly consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
What Kind Of Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
“Personal Information” means any information that relates to you or allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, information about your subscription with the Services such as account activities, purchase habits and ADS Hub and Services usage trends as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Information”, means, data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information including, aggregated information. Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
In order to enable us to provide you this Service we may need to and/or may be required to collect, record, hold, use, disclose and store (i.e. “process”) Personal Information and Anonymous Information, including, but not limited to:
- Information you provide to us through your relationship with us, for example, information provided by you when registering an Account, using the ADS Hub, making purchases of services provided by the Participants, and when taking part in customer surveys, competitions and promotions. These include:
- Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, profile picture, photos or avatar, gender, age, ethnicity, marital status, educational level, interests, hobbies, precise location-based information, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone numbers, device ID numbers, and passwords when you create an account for our Services (“Account”), and any other information you directly give us through the Services (including, but not limited to messages that you send through the Services).
- Information about the products and services you are subscribing to or purchasing from the Participants.
- Information you disclose through your interactions with the ADS Hub.
- Information necessary to complete a transaction through the ADS Hub, including your name and billing information, where applicable.
- Information such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- Information from written communications when you provide us feedback or contact us e.g. your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- Information from you, including your web browser type, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, user profiles, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit, and, with respect to your mobile phone, the unique device identifier, better known as the Android ID.
- Information from third party service providers, with your consent, which may include your profile content or other types of personally identifiable information.
- Cookies and URL information to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the information for which you searched and viewed. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the ADS Hub. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following web browser’s directions.
- Information from corresponding technologies used in connection with mobile phones, including the Android ID, to record date, time, search and viewing information related to your mobile phone.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- For general use or collected by technology. Other than as stated above, we may use your Personal Information either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better, whether or not through technological means for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide the ADS Hub and the services offered by the Participants;
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- to identify you as a user in our system;
- to provide improved administration of the Services;
- to notify visitors about updates to the Services;
- to promote the Services; or products, services and special offers of third parties whose products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- to improve and customize the quality of experience when you interact with the Services;
- to send you a welcome e-mail and to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send offers and promotional materials related to the Services and for other marketing purposes;
- to track user-specific information on what pages' users access or visit; and
- to improve and customize the quality of experience when you interact with the ADS Hub, and the Services.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Subject to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to us and our Affiliates (as defined below) (whether in or outside Malaysia), we may disclose your Personal Information as described below and elsewhere in this Privacy Notice:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers who may be located within or outside Malaysia (a) to provide you with the Services that we offer you through the ADS Hub; (b) to conduct quality assurance testing; (c) to facilitate creation of accounts; (d) to provide technical support; and/or (e) to provide other services to us. These third party service providers are not required to use your Personal Information other than to provide the Services requested by us.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share some or all of your Personal Information with our joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (our “Affiliates”), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honour this Privacy Notice.
- We Do Not Share Personal Information with Advertisers, but…we do, however, allow advertisers to request that their Advertisements are directed at certain users (e.g., users in a certain geographic location, or age, gender and/or with certain interests). In the event that you interact with certain Advertisements, the advertisers (or the company which the advertiser works with, for example, its advertising agency or an advertising network) may determine certain characteristics about you.
Third Party Websites
When you click on a link or, in case of smartphone and mobile device, swipe left to connect to any other website or location, you will leave the Services and be redirected to another site and another entity may collect Personal Information or Anonymous Information from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these external websites or their content. This Privacy Notice do not apply to these external websites or their content, or to any collection of data after you click on links or swipe left to connect to these external websites.
Retention and Security of Your Personal Information
We place great importance on ensuring the security of your Personal Information and will regularly review and implement up-to-date technical and organisational security measures to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all your Personal Information. This includes contractual agreements with the relevant third parties, whereby we shall endeavour to procure them to incorporate our standards as a minimum. Your Personal Information will also be retained in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the terms and conditions of your agreements for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect our interests as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law or relevant regulation.
We also require you to enter a password that you should not disclose to anyone, to access your Account information and will require you to enter that same password again in order to access any sensitive information, including credit card information. Disclaimer: No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Information
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. Nevertheless, should you decline to provide any Personal Information that is essential to us to enable us to process your application/request (for example for the registration), we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with the ADS Hub or the various services by the Participants.
- We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that promote the use of the Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the e-mail you receive, by terminating your Account or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
Transfer of Personal Information to places outside Malaysia
We may need to transfer Personal Information to a place outside Malaysia to our Affiliates or relevant third-parties outside of Malaysia where such transfer is required to make available the ADS Hub or to deliver the Services. We will take reasonable precautions to ensure that any such Affiliates or relevant third-parties are contractually bound not to use your Personal Information for any reason other than to make available the ADS Hub and to provide the Services.
Please note that your Personal Information may be sent to other countries in order to route your communications that are sent via the Services in the most efficient way. We store customer data on servers located in Malaysia and on the cloud, and we may also store this data on servers and equipment in other countries. By using the ADS Hub or the Services, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside Malaysia as mentioned above.
Revisions to Privacy Notice
We may review and update this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect changes in the laws, in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the community’s changing privacy expectations. The latest version of the Privacy Notice will be made available on the ADS Hub.
Where we consider, at our sole discretion, that the revisions made on the Privacy Notice are substantive, notice of such revisions will be provided on the ADS Hub or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by us, for example, by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us. Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your Personal Information and to provide us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice.
If you do not agree to the changes in our use of your Personal Information, you must notify us immediately and deactivate your Account with us. Continued use of our Services, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
Should you have any query in relation to this Privacy Notice or how we handle your Personal Information, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org